Mount Pulai ( Sri.Gunung.Pulai ) is a 654-meter (2,146 ft) high mountain in Johor, about 5 kilometer from Kulaijaya toll.plaza.
There are villagers who live at the foot of Gunung.Pulai. ( Kg.sri.gunung.pulai )
The village is unperturbed by rapid modernization and maintains the quaint.
You can't miss the Giant tea cup - Anggun Café , right hand side from the entrance while toward to the mountain.
Mount Pulai Fee for safety "private parking" is RM2.
Hikers enter via the left side ( only authorized vehicles allow to pass the point )
Most people enjoy walking up the Mount Pulai in the morning & evening.
soothing sounds of the jungle and waterfall
Picnic and Swimming -
The first waterfall is 10-minute walk from entrance gate. It has a small pool with cold fresh running water, starting from shallow to over 2-feet deep.
The water is clean and cooling.
In a sunny morning, you will see sun rays shine through tree leaves
Reaching the top of the hill is a straightforward climb up the tarred road, which takes roughly 1.5 to 2 hours.
There are 3 telecommunications towers at the top, two on the summit, and one a little lower down. There are few viewpoints provide breathtaking views of the rainforest from the hill.
Gunung Pulai wildlife
Mount Pulai friendly giant ant
If you brave enough to stay over 7:30pm ,you'll spot plenty of fireflies along the mountain tarred road..
Adventure tips to Gunung Pulai :
1. Take your meal before start trekking.
2. Do not talk arrogant and indecent matter.
3. Do not throw rubbish, always keep the area clean.
4. Leeches - If you follow wet track towards the 2nd waterfall, watch out for leeches. Bring some garlic, leeches hate garlic smell.
5. Try to find yourself a wooden stick and walk slowly along the river stream.
Equipment to prepare :
1. Don't bring too many stuff, try to make yourself lighter & relax.
2. Wear sandals or waterproof shoes & long pants track-suite if you wanna try the water route trekking.
3. Sweating Towel
4..Camera with waterproof bag.
5. Energy food such as chocolate and energy bars.
6. Enough water
7. Medication for bleeding cuts.
8. Plastic bag for trash.
9. Bring a torchlight if you prepare to stay over 7pm.
Opening hours: Every day (daytime)
Please keep the environment clean ( bring extra plastic bag for your trash )
following a signboard to your right hand side , just after exiting the toll.plaza. ( or from TESCO.Kulai ) Follow along the road, passing oil palm estates and a quarry that are both eating away at the hill for about 5 or 6 km, until you reach a village called Kampung.Sri.Gunung.Pulai at your left hand side.
Share your experience in the comment box..